Wednesday, June 27, 2012

TV Ad #9: Darth Mog

A while ago I was going through old Final Fantasy commercials here on the blog, but I only got as far as the sixth instalment of the series. I'm back today with another commercial on Final Fantasy VI, although this commercial is actually for Final Fantasy III on the Super Nintendo. The video for said commercial will be posted at the end of this article.

 This commercial is actually quite interesting and very well done. The advertisement centres around Mog who is recruiting monsters to appear in Final Fantasy III, although in the end he recruits none because not even the Grim Reaper himself could make the cut! It's actually quite a genius marketing idea because it gives the impression to the viewer that this upcoming game is going to be difficult and BADASS as hell.

 This is certainly one of my more favourite commercials. I like the look and artistic design of the puppets, and I know some friends who would agree with me on this. In my opinion, this commercial just screams "this is a Final Fantasy game of the 90s", and it shows no hesitation of holding back.


No comments:

Post a Comment