Friday, October 14, 2011

The Fantim Menace



See what I did there? With the title? No? Well, you will in a minute - as if you could read. Final Fantim is one person, (or possibly many - I'm watching you), who has taken up the task of  re-mastering the Final Fantasy VII OST. Of course, the collection is finished and available for download from the artist him/herself, (I'll provide a link at the bottom of this post). This re-mastering is very well done, with most pieces being recreated to not just sound like it's original version but to sound even better. And best of all, the whole thing is FREE.

 So what's the catch? "There is none". I don't believe you. "Just like you didn't believe that George Lucas would f*** up the Star Wars blu-ray trilogy?" Touche.

 Final Fantim has also remastered some tracks from Final Fantasy VI as well as one track from Final Fantasy IX. I have listened to all of his/her work many times over and it is, by far, the best re-mastering of the Final Fantasy VII OST out on the web, to my knowledge - and I know everything. "Really? Then what boxers am I wearing?" Clowns. "Creepy."

 The dude/dudette has really poured their heart and soul into this project. Similar to how I just spilled my coffee all over myself and my bedsheets. I LIKE TO TYPE AND DRINK IN BED, OKAY?!

Final Fantim's download page

1 comment:



  1. I am a Final Fantasy 7 Modder making a music mod for 7th Heaven. A mod that changes the music of the game to fit the users likes. I fell in love with your music and I would like to ask for your permission to put your music into my mod. I will make sure all credit points to you.

    Carlucciservices@gmail.com

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgWfQUkCSbE

    Richard Carlucci

    ReplyDelete